Secret Shopper Summary

For this assignment, I visited the local public library for some book recommendations. Overall, it was a very positive experience bonding with a fellow bibliophile. The staff member that helped me (I suck with names so for the life of me I can’t remember hers) was knowledgable of what was available on the shelves and displays. She started off with showing off a display by the circulation desk that had a lot of different fiction titles (including the brand new Sarah J. Maas book that had been released that day) that I was able to point out books that I had read and authors I don’t like. We moved on to the library’s “blind date with a book” display which I was very excited to see and even got a historical romance that I am VERY excited to start reading. We finished up in the isles discussing different genres and authors. We were even laughing with each other over something I had said. I ended up coming home with three books that I will most definitely be tearing through once I finish books the books I have picked for annotations. I for sure will be going back to get some more recommendations from this staff member because we do have similar tastes in books, which really makes me excited about reading again!

Comments

  1. Hi Sara! I'm glad you had a positive interaction! It seems like the librarian who helped you was looking to make a connection with you as a patron and that assisted in helping you find a book! Also, I've never seen "blind date with a book" displays outside of the internet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty awesome! It inspired me to make my own similar display in my library.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sara, this sounds like a great interaction! I've never read any SJM books, but I've been curious about the Crescent City series. I have seen so many people on TikTok that are just devouring that particular series and reading the new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read her A Court of Thorns and Roses series, but with classes and working full time I am sorely lacking the time to read the rest of her books. My sister and cousin absolutely love her series though! They do recommend reading her first two series before starting Crescent City though. Apparently CC has characters from both ACOTAR and TOG in it.

      Delete
  3. Hi! You had a great interaction for this assignment it looks like. We just did a Blind Date with a Book Display at my library and our patrons absolutely love it, and we had a lot of fun making it too. It's great that that's how you found a good book at your library.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts